Tuesday 24 August 2010

Zimbabwe Time?

The FML economy is basically out of hands. Inflation rates did sky rocket. No cure was delivered before reset, though people geniunely believed that the economy would be tight in the start. Perhaps it was, but the only visible end result was that the most active teams would take the largest part of the money cake when inflation set.

Anyway. I think the economic situation in the GWs is the main reason for me not playing the game now. So I introduce a cure for the disease. Let SI move the servers to Zimbabwe, slice a 0 from everyones bank account, and move the servers back.

At the same time money flowing into the gameworld should be tightened and controlled. Add some transfer taxes, introduce some floating taxes. I mean, how hard can it be. Money in = Money out. It's not like our teams take up subprime loans or that SI Bank is Icelandic.

But back on topic. Moving the comma one step to the left probably favour teams who invest in assets (players). Well. So what? We need a solution, and we need it now. I'm quite sure the richest teams have a bank account of some 30m+ already. Well. I'll tell you a secret. They can live happy on their interest income the rest of their FML career. Is that fair to the newcomers? I think not.

I've probably reached the point where you say that I should get my education money back, because I'm introducing new problems. But at least I try to fix something broken. And it needs fixing. NOW.

Thanks.

Andreas F
MSc in Industrial Economics

No comments:

Post a Comment